- Senior management experience with closely held businesses in CEO and CFO capacities
- Audit manager for Pricewaterhouse Coopers
- Consultative and leadership roles involving turnarounds
- Key role in divestiture of a foreign subsidiary
- Executed sale/leaseback of real estate
- Designed and helped execute transaction involving intergenerational ownership transfer
- Assisted CEOs in negotiating business sales
- Restructured debt
[for more, see credentials]
On the surface, conducting a business valuation seems simple. Look at gross sales or profits and make a few quick calculations.
Beneath the surface however, are many considerations that significantly influence that valuation and can only be determined by thorough research and analysis.
- Nature of the business and its history
- Economic outlook
- Financial condition of the business
- Earning capacity
- Dividend paying capacity
- Prior stock transactions
- Existence of intangible value
- Sale of stock involving similar businesses
The determination of an opinion of value for a privately held enterprise is more than a mathematical exercise. Bill Howell brings the perspective of a business person plus his high-level financial expertise to each project.
Why select Bill over other business valuation firms? Here are some of the reasons, in addition to consideration of comments expressed by Bill's previous clients.
William E. Howell
Featured in a
Value Examiner article
• Bill has valued more than 300 businesses and will apply all of that experience to your situation.
• Extensive business valuation experience as a successful self-employed professional and in CEO/CFO capacities with closely held businesses establishes his credibility
• With a strong corporate background, Bill brings a unique business perspective rather than just an accounting background
• When you work with Bill, you work with Bill. He prefers to keep his organization simple, giving you direct access to his expertise.
• Bill has 30-plus years of experience working with companies in such diverse fields as manufacturing, distribution, transportation, warehousing, real estate, and professional services